Many homeowners have pets, but not everyone will adore your four-legged friend. Some home buyers want a pet-free environment without the odors, dander, and scratch marks on the hardwood floors.
If you have a pet in your home, chances are you’ve got your work cut out for you. It’s not the end of the world, though. You can still sell your house despite your long-lasting friendship with members of the animal kingdom.
Regular Cleanup and Care
- Owning a pet of any kind is a huge responsibility. Let’s face it, pets can also lead to extensive damage throughout the home and yard. For instance, if your dog is not properly trained, it may leave behind scratch marks on the doors and hardwood flooring.
- Pick up after your pet — Clean even the smallest of messes quickly and thoroughly to avoid lasting odors or stains.
- Clean the home’s exterior — Keep your yard in order and free of droppings or torn-up grass clumps.
Put away pet supplies — Keep your pet supplies locked away in a cupboard or cabinet.
- Deep clean your home — Every once in a while, but especially before trying to sell, give your home a deep cleaning.
- Put your pet away — During routine home showings, put your pet away or have someone pet sit them for a time.
- Make prompt repairs — If your dog, cat, or bird has scratched up any of the surfaces in your home, make prompt repairs before you sell.
When the time comes to sell your home, find a buyer who can look past any noticeable pet damage. Call Sell My House Today at 719-476-2727. We do not require any costly repairs or renovations to your home before we buy it!